Saturday, January 29, 2011

One Last Update

One last hello from Cambodia! It has been a wonderful trip!

While we are here, it is pretty busy. I feel like I barely have time to think and process. Today I actually had some time alone. I was outside walking around, it was actually cool and the wind was blowing--- it was beautiful outside. I was just thinking how privileged we are that at this point in our lives, we get to come here and be the ones to serve. I know that sounds strange coming from me.... most of you know that these trips are hard for me--- they scare me, I am worried the whole time I am here, and it is out of my comfort zone. This year was different though. I really prayed for months before that I would not be afraid, that I would feel a sense of calmness and not fear. Amazingly enough, I did. I had very few moments where I felt nervous or afraid. The funny thing is, this trip is not about me. I often make it about me with all my crazy fear, but it isn't. It is about loving a wonderful God and loving others. It is about letting God be in control of my life. It is so hard to do, and I am usually pretty bad at it! Anyway, I honestly felt privileged to be here and I wanted to share that with you. We really want to thank you for your prayers and your support. It has meant more that you know!

Playing "Rock, Paper, Scissors" with Lee







Didi with Matt Kuffel






This girl sews pillows for a place called, "Tiny Kompot Pillows" She is so sweet!



Fun at the orphanage. Lani brought big jump ropes for the kids!




This was the neatest park I have ever been to! This is just 1/10 of the park. It was amazing! You can see the Palace behind the slide.



Dinner with Tan, our tuk tuk driver and his family. His daughter ate the entire 3 scoops for dessert!




I actually teared up when saying good-bye to our dear friends. Tan was such a wonderful part of our time here. We will really miss him!




1 comment:

  1. I am out of touch - I didn't know you were back in Cambodia! What an incredible trip. Been thinking about you guys lately. Through gymnastics, have met a family from your church - the Darnbroughs. Brenna does gym with Frances. Would love to re-connect with you guys sometime.

    ReplyDelete