Monday, January 11, 2010

Walking Around


First, thank you so much for your emails and comments. We genuinely appreciate everyone's encouragement and prayers.

VBS went really well yesterday. I will post pictures and write about that later. Yesterday was the first day of clinic. It went great. We have such a great team of people we are working with!
Today, the medical team will doing home visits to do medical and spiritual assessments. They will be taking the health promoters, who were trained last week with them. The idea is to continue to train the health promoters to educate the local people good health practice. There are so many things that the Cambodians get sick from that can be so easily prevented for example, last year, we met a family that washed their dishes in their toilet. It was their only water source and they did not know any better. One thing I am learning on this trip, is that you have to make due with what you have. I can't tell you how many zip-lock bags I have reused or cleaned because they are hard to get here. I have been saving our little yogurt cups to reuse as bowls. And craziest of all, had to cook in our bathroom, you heard me, OUR BATHROOM!!! Our outlet doesn't work in little kitchen area and the only other place with tile, was our bathroom counter. I didn't want to place an burner on our wooden desk for fear of burning it. I know, it sounds gross, but it was honestly pretty sanitary and clean, and I had to make due with what I had. Life here is hard, not that hard for us, but for those who live here.



Flies on the trash



Afternoon Siesta




Those are little hot dogs they are dipping in the jar of chili sauce





Cooking snails


Bananas




Snails



No comments:

Post a Comment